For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”), the data controller is Creativity Capital Limited (“we” or “us”). We are a limited company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 08201350 and have our registered office at International House, 1 St Katharine’s Way, London E1W 1UN.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site. This includes information you provide whenyou participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Site and/or post material orrequest further services, for example you name, address, email address and/or phone number. We mayalso ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
– If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not haveto respond to them.
– Details of your visits to the Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs andother communication data, and the resources that you access.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a location outside the EuropeanEconomic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or forone of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we willdo our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted tothe Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strictprocedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for yourcomputer.
– To provide you with information and updates about our activities, products or services that yourequest from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contact.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– To notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries,our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal datato the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If Creativity Capital Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which casepersonal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usuallyinform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend todisclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent suchprocessing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise theright at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisersand affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their ownprivacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please checkthese policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised inaccordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providingyou with details of the information we hold about you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operatingsystem and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie filewhich is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to yourcomputer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our website (“Site”) and to deliver a better and morepersonalised service. They enable us:
– To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
– To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to yourindividual interests.
– To speed up your searches.
– To recognise you when you return to the Site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse thesetting of cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site.